Below, Joe answers a few of the most common questions he fields about fishing excursions.
Question: What should my group bring with us?
• A camera is highly recommended.
• A pair of polarized sunglasses.
• A cooler with food and drinks. Try to bring just one cooler on board. Extra coolers for fish can be left at the dock if you wish to take fish home.
• A jacket or sweatshirt. Early mornings and evenings can be damp and chilly. If you don’t bring it you can’t put it on.
• If you have a favorite fishing outfit bring it along.
• Compact rain wear, just in case.
• Boat shoes or sneakers are recommended.
Question: What time do you set off?
Answer: Each trip is different, depending on tides, weather, location and what we will be fishing for. Fish don’t stay in one place. Bass fishing in the summer is structure fishing usually in one place. Bass fishing in spring and fall is a little different, the fish are on the move.
Question: What are your payment options?
Answer: Cash or personal check.
Question: Do I need a fishing license?
Answer: No license is necessary in Rhode Island at this time. All fishermen must abide by state regulations on legal size, seasons, and/or possession limits.
Question: Can I bring alcohol on board?
Answer: Yes, but if someone gets out of hand it will be a short trip.